Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just When it Look like Everything Worked Out...

I'm starting to believe that this is a way for two people to communicate and come to a compromise, although for some reason, that never seems to be how it turns out.

All of the problems of this morning disappeared this afternoon-- and were replaced by more concrete, unmanageable problems.

Suddenly I'm wondering, how much do I want my Penn degree? And if I can get a degree, how much do I want the degree I chose?

Happiness, as I keep on realizing, is largely the ability to accurately value everything in our lives. Well, more than that-- it's the ability to relatively value things accurately. That is-- how much do I value the degree I chose over the opportunity that's presented itself? How much do I value the ability to graduate in a semester versus having to take summer classes? How much do I value that ability to make money (with a job) versus losing money paying rent in two different cities?

And then, how much do I value my future? And how can I even try to value my future when I don't know what's going to create a future or where along the line I'm going to make a mistake?

No comments:

Post a Comment