Monday, June 7, 2010

The Plan

Five and a half hours later, I have a plan. Identify the problem, then solve it.

The problem with a happiness project on top of a busy work week and family commitments and relationship struggles and oh-so-many-other trials and tribulations is that I don't have months to devote to each aspect of my life that I want to improve. I have three months, to be exact, and I have way more than three things that need to be worked out in that amount of time. I can't put something off because it's my "Energy" month now, and I'm going to wait to improve that until my "Relationship" month. My life is immediate.

But, I can't just tackle a laundry list of happiness demands, either. That's too overwhelming and would be discouraging.

As a compromise, I've assigned each day of the week a "theme." Monday is my "Work" day; Tuesday is "Energy," Wednesday is "Friendships," Thursday is "Relationships" and Friday is "Having Fun." I'm giving myself the weekend off, because let's face it-- I'm a working girl. I need the vacation. Every day I'm going to evaluate and think about my progress in that area of my life. This week, I'm going to think about where I want to be going for the rest of the summer. Of course, thinking about friendships doesn't stop me from doing my work, having fun, concentrating on my relationship or anything else I decide is important to my happiness. But, devoting a day of the week to think about it will help me focus on how I'm doing and what's important.

Today is Monday, that means that today I'm thinking about what I want to get out of my work. That's good, because I'm getting ready to head to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment